Friday, June 3, 2011

Has God ever shaken your world?

Almost 21 years ago, God decided to shake up my life. I had a great job in management, just had a new house built for me and my daughter was thriving. I was happy with life in general and didn't want anything to rock my life and world.

Many of you know I was a victim of domentic abuse in my first marriage and after that marriage ended, I vowed I'd never trust a man again. So much for that statement!! God decided I needed to learn some new principles by placing a special person in my life.

While playing keyboard on a worship team with another church, I met a man who ran sound and slides for worship. He asked me out on a date with another couple (that's another story for another time), and my life hasn't been the same since. Of course, that's in a good way.

While this man wanted to get closer, I wanted to pull away, but somehow, God helped this man to be patient and this man kept trying. Eventually 21 years ago, he proposed to me and tomorrow we will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary.

How does a victim of abuse heal old wounds and baggage and make a marriage work? Well, it's a long process and one that I still work on. I learned through Jesus Christ that I could forgive my ex-husband for the abuse and also learned that I could love a man again fully and completely. My husband has the patience of Job and when "baggage" crops up, he waits patiently until I can work it through. I've learned that marriage can be happy but it takes a lot of work and dedication on both of our parts. I love to cook for my husband and his favorite is Mac and Cheese and hamburgers. So I'm showcasing Fried Mac and Cheese balls.

In gaining a husband, I also gained the many children I had always wanted plus even some grandchildren and now great-grandchildren. God has so blessed me in this relationship and I give Him all the glory. Proverbs says it so well: 3:5&6. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

HAPPY 18TH ANNIVERSARY HONEY BUNNY!!!!!

Macaroni & Cheese Balls (FRIED)

Make a bechemel sauce or a white sauce as my mom always called it:

3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter
2 to 2 1/2 cups milk

Melt the butter and add the flour until the flour absoarbs all the flour. Add milk and stir until thickened.

Add 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Add 2 cups Shredded Gouyre Cheese

Add to 2 cups of cooked elbow macaroni and place in an oblong dish. Regrigerate until solid. Shape the hardened mac and cheese into small balls and place these on a cookie sheet. Freeze until these are solid.

To two eggs, add 1 Tablespoon water and beat together. Place this in a bowl. In another dish, place bread crumbs or panko. Roll the balls into the egg wash and then into the panko crumbs. Refreeze the balls unitl solid again. Take these out only when the oil is hot and ready to fry.

Heat 1 quart of oil to frying temp 350-375 degrees and drop the frozen balls into the hot oil. Fry the balls until golden brown. Serve immediately with a cream-mararina sauce.

Cream Sauce
1 jar mararina sauce
1/2 cup sour cream

Mix and serve with the fried mac and cheese balls. This will make about 20 balls. Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment