Friday, October 7, 2011

Grandma's special visit with Sarah and Jonah

The last few days, I've had the priviledge of watching my newest grandson while his mother ran errands and got her hair done. Watching him brought so many menories to my mind of his mommy when she was young. I noticed a few similarities between the two. Jonah doesn't fight you when you change his diaper. He lays there to let you clean him up. My daughter did the same thing. He also helps to dress himself by putting his arms in the sleeves of his shirts. Then there is the subtle behavior between the two.

For instance, Jonah loves hot dogs and my daughter ate her share when she was growing up. I noticed too that Jonah does like to eat sweets and I had the opportunity to share some spice cake and whipped cream with him, of course when mom wasn't around. He ate it up like there was no tomorrow. Jonah also likes his blanket and reminds me of my daughter when she was little and trying to cuddle with her blanket. Plus Jonah loves to cuddle especially when its time for bed. How can you not love that? My daughter also loved to cuddle at the same times. In fact if you were to ask her if she still cuddles, she would tell you, "Yes".

Jonah's mommy is doing a great job and I loved watching Jonah plus watching my daughter be a mother in her own right. She's doing a wonderful job and you can see so much love in this family. When it came time to say goodbye, Jonah even cried because he wanted to be with his grandma. Aw......he loves me....His love means so much to me and especially this morning when he said Grandma for the first time.

There is nothing more simple than making a cake (which my daughter made while she was here) with whipped cream for the topping. So here's my take on whipped cream with a twist.

Make sure your beaters and bowl are cold when you whip cream. The process is much easier when your utensils are cold. Pour 1 cup cream into a deep bowl and whip at a high speed on your mixer until soft peaks form. Now I've whipped cream via a mixer plus by hand. If you want to mix the cream by hand, be prepared to whip with a wire whip for awhile.

When your cream is done, add 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. The twist for this whipped cream is to add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Fold all the ingredients together and you have a sweet tastey topping for any spiced baked good. This is also good on pumpkin pie, muffins and cheesecake.






1 comment:

  1. We loved being there Mom..thank you for being you and helping with all the things needed to make our stay so enjoyable. We love you:)

    ReplyDelete