Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"COOKIES, COOKIES, WE WANT COOKIES"

"Cookies, Cookies, we want cookies." This is what my husband came home to say last Friday. He said, "Some shooters (Gun Club shooters) came into the office looking for cookies and there were none." I guess the supply I sent earlier in the week was sold and club members are starting to expect cookies in the retail store and office.

All I could think of on Friday was making breakfast for our church crew and started cooking and baking in preparation for breakfast for our Worship, Production and Pastoral Staff. This means I was going to make breakfast for about 50-60 people. So I told my hubby I was going to skip making more cookies until after Easter. After Easter, it took a couple of days to regroup, recooperate, and feel rested.

Today, I got my thinking cap on and tried to come up with a new recipe for the gun club. I've made Ranger Cookies, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Triple Chocolate Cookies (this is also a new recipe I developed). These are cookies that are normal and not very inventive. I didn't just want to make one of the cookies but tried to think outside the box of what ingredients went well together.

My friends and family know I LOVE ALMONDS!!!!! So I thought, "What if I came up with an idea incorporating almonds, oranges and white chocolate chips." I started putting ingredients together and hoped they would turn out yummy. Once my cookies were in the oven, the wonderful aroma of baking cookies filled the house and I think the cookies will be a hit.

My hubby came home unexpectedly and tried one and commented, "These are really Good!!!"

On Facebook, I asked my friends to give me suggestions for a name, and one friend indicated that creamcicles sounded good. I'm using that name plus adding a bit more so people will know what's inside these cookies. Here is the new cookie called:

White-Chocolate Almond Creamcicles

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream

Cream the above ingredients together until light and fluffy. Add the zest of 1 large orange (about 1 tablespoon) plus 1 teaspoon orange flavoring and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Add:
2 1/2 cups flour (You can use 1 cup whole wheat flour to add more texture)
1/2 cup ground raw almonds

The dough will be a bit stiff but not too stiff. Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Makes about two dozen cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment