Thursday, February 2, 2012

Resolved, Resolution -

Resolution - the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc; the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute, firmness of purpose.

Have you ever made a resolution and stuck to it? My husband and I saw the movie "Courageous" where four men resolved to make changes in their lives impacting their families and walk with the Lord. We both were moved by the movie and checked out the website.

On the website, there was a Bible study geared towards men and women called, "Honor". My husband leads a Community Group for our church and we've been following a classic type of Bible study where we discuss and ask questions about the pastor's sermon from the Sunday before. We've been doing this for several years but when we saw the "Honor" Bible study, we thought, "Wouldn't it be a good idea to see if our group would be interested in changing our format and going through the study."

After ordering the leader's kit and reading the study booklets, we discussed changing our Bible study with our group to follow the movie and "Honor" format.

For me, there is a booklet included in the study called, "The resolution for Women." I've been reading this book now for about a week and am so impressed with its content I decided to write about it on my blog.

The first resolution in the book reads as follows: "I DO SOLEMNLY RESOLVE to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment." (The Resolution for Women, page 6)

Wow! I was immediately reminded I need to embrace my current season in life and felt God was speaking through his Holy Spirit to change a few things in my life.

1. I need to be more flexible in my lifestyle, changing as my life changes

2. Being "retired" means I don't have a schedule to follow and I don't have to "Hurry" through my life. I need to enjoy it

3. I need to work on being content with what God has given me

I'm looking forward to see what other "gems" God will give me as I journey through this Bible study. I also believe God has been prompting me to finish my book, "Shelter from the Storm" this year. Writing, I want it to be perfect and edit as I write, but usually go through and edit the whole thing. I need to write without editing and once its completed, then edit the finished product.

Finally, I'm claiming 2 Corinthians 9:8 as I journey through this next year and "resolve" to accomplish the goals I have set for myself.

Coming up with a recipe for this post has been difficult so I'm resolving to try a new recipe every month to expand our culinary tastes. This is a new recipe I tried out last night. It was a hit with those who ate them and my husband ate his share - 4.....

Garlic butter biscuits

1 cup Biscuit mix (buttermilk baking mix)
1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese (cheddar and jack mix)
1/2 cup milk

Mix and drop by small spoon fulls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 for about 8 minutes until the biscuits are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and while still hot, spoon on the following mixture:

3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley leaves.

This will make about 12 small biscuits and they are yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment